World News Headlines, Latest International News, World Breaking News - Times of India World News: TOI brings the latest world news headlines, Current International breaking news world wide. In depth analysis and top news headlines world wide.
- Somali-origin suspect in British MP's murder heldon 17 October 2021 at 15:42
- Russian actor, director making first movie in space return to Earthon 17 October 2021 at 15:17
A Russian actor and a film director making the first move film in space returned to Earth on Sunday after spending 12 days on the International Space Station (ISS). The space capsule carrying Russian ISS crew member Oleg Novitskiy, Yulia Peresild and Klim Shipenko landed in a remote area in Kazakhstan, the Russian space agency Roscosmos said. The crew had dedocked from the ISS three hours earlier.
- 17 American missionaries kidnapped in Haiti, officials sayon 17 October 2021 at 08:54
- New Japan PM sends offering to controversial Yasukuni shrineon 17 October 2021 at 08:09
- 2 killed in fresh communal violence in Bangladeshon 17 October 2021 at 06:23
- Pak PM-military stand-off on new ISI chief drags onon 17 October 2021 at 01:01
- Scotland Yard probes Islamist terror link to British MP's fatal stabbingon 16 October 2021 at 18:45
- Bangladesh: Another devotee found dead as violence mar Durga Puja celebrationson 16 October 2021 at 18:09
- US offers to relocate, pay money for Afghan family hit by drone in Kabulon 16 October 2021 at 17:03
- Biden to attend memorial service honoring US law enforcement officerson 16 October 2021 at 16:44
- Taliban pledge to step up security at Shiite mosques after Friday's attackon 16 October 2021 at 16:36
- Trump's not going away — and neither is investigator Schiffon 16 October 2021 at 15:39
- China renews alert for cold waveon 16 October 2021 at 15:29
- FDA panel endorses booster shot for J&J Covid vaccineon 16 October 2021 at 15:02
US health advisers endorsed a booster of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine, citing concern that Americans who got the single-dose shot aren't as protected as those given two-dose brands. J&J told the Food and Drug Administration that an extra dose adds important protection as early as two months after initial vaccination — but that it might work better if people wait until six months later.
- Bill Clinton's health trending in right direction: Spokespersonon 16 October 2021 at 14:59
Former US President Bill Clinton's health indicators are "trending in the right direction", but he will continue to receive treatment at a Southern California hospital for one more night, his spokesperson said.
- Chinese astronauts enter space station for record six months stayon 16 October 2021 at 14:44
- Myanmar junta chief excluded from ASEAN summiton 16 October 2021 at 14:43
- ISI chief appointment issue to be resolved in a week: Pakistan interior ministeron 16 October 2021 at 13:21
Pakistan's Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed has said the issue of appointment of the new chief of spy agency ISI would be resolved within a week, amid widespread speculation that Prime Minister Imran Khan and the powerful Army Chief General Qamar Javed Bajwa were not on the same page over the key posting.
- Bangladesh communal violence: 6 idols vandalised in Munshiganj templeon 16 October 2021 at 13:04
- Islamic State claims mosque bombing in south Afghanistanon 16 October 2021 at 12:39
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for a deadly suicide bombing on a Shiite mosque in southern Afghanistan that killed 47 people and wounded scores more. In a statement posted late Friday on social media, IS said two of the group's members shot and killed security guards manning the entrance of the Fatimiya mosque in Kandahar province.