- SpaceX Inspiration4 Mission Updates: Heading Home After 2 Days in Orbit.by The New York Times on 18 September 2021 at 03:20
The first crew of nonprofessional astronauts in orbit will return to Earth on Saturday night.
- Pfizer Vaccine Protection Wanes, C.D.C. Study Showsby Benjamin Mueller on 18 September 2021 at 00:04
The study found that the shots’ effectiveness in preventing hospitalization fell to 77 percent from 91 percent four months after full vaccination.
- SpaceX’s Large Cupola Gave Us A New Window on Planet Earthby Kenneth Chang on 17 September 2021 at 23:57
The Inspiration4 mission was able to test out a big window to see back to Earth and out into space.
- When Will the SpaceX Inspiration4 Crew Land?by The New York Times on 17 September 2021 at 22:48
The Inspiration4 crew are scheduled to splash down on Saturday evening.
- Study of Covid Booster Shot Benefits Fans Debate Over Extra Dosesby Apoorva Mandavilli on 17 September 2021 at 22:39
Independent experts, including government scientists, were skeptical of the research from Israel, which included limited data over a short period.
- Most People Don't Need a Covid Vaccine Booster, New Review Saysby Apoorva Mandavilli on 17 September 2021 at 22:39
The benefits of a third shot for most people are small and are far outweighed by the benefits of using those doses for initial vaccinations, the scientists say.
- United Nations Warns of ‘Catastrophic Pathway’ With Current Climate Pledgesby Somini Sengupta on 17 September 2021 at 22:30
An accounting of promises made by countries in the years since the Paris accord found that they are not enough to avoid drastic impacts from climate change.
- A Medical Career, at a Cost: Infertilityby Jacqueline Mroz on 17 September 2021 at 22:25
Physicians are raising awareness of the reproductive toll that work stress, long hours, sleep deprivation and years of training can exact.
- Who Gets Sick in Space? Inspiration4 May Offer More Clues.by Kenneth Chang on 17 September 2021 at 21:27
Commercial spaceflight brings a more diverse cross section of humanity beyond Earth, helping medical researchers collect data.
- SpaceX Launches Astronaut Crew Like No Other on Orbital Adventureby Kenneth Chang on 17 September 2021 at 21:24
The Inspiration4 mission successfully lifted off from Florida, carrying with it an ambition of making spaceflight more accessible to the broader public.
- SpaceX's Latest Mission Will Launch Four People Into Orbitby Kenneth Chang on 17 September 2021 at 21:10
The Inspiration4 mission shows private spaceflight’s promise, but also how far it has to go before just about anyone can travel to orbit.
- A New Company With a Wild Mission: Bring Back the Woolly Mammothby Carl Zimmer on 17 September 2021 at 21:07
With $15 million in private funding, Colossal aims to bring thousands of woolly mammoths back to Siberia. Some scientists are deeply skeptical that will happen.
- Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk Get Polite After Inspiration4 Launchby Michael Roston on 17 September 2021 at 20:53
The rivalry between Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos over spaceflight is well known, but the two made nice on Twitter over the Inspiration4 launch.
- Antony Hewish, Astronomer Honored for the Discovery of Pulsars, Dies at 97by Nicholas Wade on 17 September 2021 at 19:26
He received a Nobel Prize for his finding. Some criticized the prize because it was a graduate student in his lab who had first detected the signals.
- The Pain Wouldn’t Stop — Because Her Medication Had Been Stolenby Paula Span on 17 September 2021 at 19:01
Too often, seniors who use opioids become targets for exploitation and abuse.
- Tom Cruise Talks to SpaceX Inspiration4 Astronauts in Orbitby Kenneth Chang on 17 September 2021 at 17:58
The movie star may have his own ambitions of traveling to orbit one day.
- When Giraffes Fight, They Are Honorableby Joshua Rapp Learn on 17 September 2021 at 16:34
Researchers found that the long-necked mammals prefer a sparring partner of similar stature.
- Outer Space Gets Crowded With Inspiration4 Crew Helping Set Recordby Azi Paybarah on 17 September 2021 at 11:31
The four-person team raised the number of people in space to 14 for about a day, passing a record set in 2009.
- Sian Proctor Is the First Black Woman to Pilot a Spacecraftby Kenneth Chang on 16 September 2021 at 23:41
The community college professor has long pursued her dream of being an astronaut.
- Exxon, Chevron, BP and Others Called to Testify on Climate Disinformationby Hiroko Tabuchi on 16 September 2021 at 23:00
Executives from Exxon, Shell, BP and others are being called to testify in Congress next month after a secret recording this year exposed an Exxon official boasting of such efforts.