- How to Make the Most of E-Books, and Find Free Onesby J. D. Biersdorfer on 28 November 2022 at 14:38
Even if you still love printed books, the digital option lets you put an entire library in your bag, just in time for holiday travel and vacation.
- Worried About Your Twitter Account? Here’s What to Doby Brian X. Chen on 18 November 2022 at 16:58
Don’t delete your account just yet. Elon Musk’s takeover can teach us valuable lessons about our relationship with social networks.
- Security Cameras Make Us Feel Safe, but Are They Worth the Invasion?by Brian X. Chen on 15 November 2022 at 19:56
Internet cameras like Amazon’s Ring come at a high cost to our privacy.
- Smartphones Are Like Cars. So Why Don’t We Maintain Them?by Brian X. Chen on 9 November 2022 at 10:00
Regularly replacing our phones takes a toll on our wallets and the environment. We should instead take care of them as we do our cars.
- The Newest Habit in Couples Communication: Fighting Over Textby Reyhan Harmanci on 8 November 2022 at 00:06
Want to fight fair? Some couples advocate taking it to the texts.
- What Is Mastodon and Why Are People Leaving Twitter for It?by Kalley Huang on 7 November 2022 at 19:52
Since Elon Musk took ownership of Twitter, some of its users have migrated to Mastodon, an alternative social platform.
- Personal Tech Has Changed. So Must Our Coverage of It.by Brian X. Chen on 2 November 2022 at 22:53
Our tech problems have become more complex, so we are rebooting the Tech Fix column to focus on the societal implications of the tech we use.
- The Story Behind the Roku Screen Saverby Luke Winkie on 2 November 2022 at 09:00
Instead of streaming a new TV show or movie, some Roku users are in it for the screen saver.
- Securing Your Twitter Account: What to Knowby Brian X. Chen on 28 October 2022 at 18:29
After Elon Musk took over, some Twitter users wondered if they should take additional measures to protect their accounts — or even delete them.
- The Latecomer’s Guide to TikTokby J. D. Biersdorfer on 26 October 2022 at 13:14
TikTok has become massively influential. We’re here to help you understand how it all works.
- I Tried the $1,500 Quest Pro and Saw the Best of the Metaverseby Brian X. Chen on 19 October 2022 at 20:39
It’s not what Mark Zuckerberg promises.
- A Smartphone That Lasts a Decade? Yes, It’s Possible.by Brian X. Chen on 14 October 2022 at 20:25
A smartphone that is made for longevity can be a real thing. Too bad that’s not how most of them are designed.
- Lufthansa Says Apple AirTags Are Once Again Allowed in Checked Bagsby Daniel Victor and Patrick LaForge on 13 October 2022 at 01:54
The airline reversed itself Wednesday, saying it had consulted with German aviation authorities, who agreed that Bluetooth trackers were safe for passengers to use.
- The Google Watch Is Here. But You’d Better Love Android.by Brian X. Chen on 12 October 2022 at 17:00
Developed with Fitbit, Google’s first smart watch takes a page from Apple’s playbook by requiring loyalty to its brand.
- Is Partiful the Least Cringe Option to Get People to Your Event?by Callie Holtermann on 29 September 2022 at 03:14
Partiful wants to be the go-to option for sending online invitations. Facebook events, we hardly knew ye.
- The Settings That Make Smartphones Easier for Everyone to Useby J. D. Biersdorfer on 21 September 2022 at 13:00
The accessibility features Apple and Google include in their mobile software can help people of all abilities get more from their devices.
- Text Messaging Is Cool. But Where Are Its Boundaries?by Brian X. Chen on 14 September 2022 at 09:00
Apple and Google have added useful features to texting apps, yet the apps still lack a major component: an effective way to set limits.
- Twitter Unveils an Edit Button, Finallyby Kate Conger on 1 September 2022 at 23:21
- An Apple Watch for Your 5-Year-Old? More Parents Say Yes.by Kalley Huang and Brian X. Chen on 1 September 2022 at 09:01
As Apple prepares to unveil new models next week, the smart watch has found an unexpected audience: children as young as 5.
- Viajar es un caos hoy en día. Estos trucos tecnológicos te ayudaránby Brian X. Chen on 26 August 2022 at 07:00
La industria de los viajes se está recuperando de la pandemia, pero con complicaciones. Estas aplicaciones y consejos pueden ayudar a navegar con el mayor confort posible.