Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- US House to vote to repeal Iraq war authorisationon 15 June 2021 at 00:03
Symbolic vote expected later this week as lawmakers and Joe Biden seek to revise legal basis for US military action.
- Maradona death probe: Argentina prosecutor questions star’s nurseon 14 June 2021 at 23:30
Ex-caretaker is first of seven to face questions about whether they contributed to football legend's death last year.
- Boeing resumes donations to Republicans who contested US electionon 14 June 2021 at 22:15
Beginning on May 3, Boeing gave out nearly $900,000 to political committees and candidates, according to FEC filings.
- UN rights chief urges ‘calm’ as Peru still waits for vote resultson 14 June 2021 at 22:13
Leftist presidential contender Pedro Castillo widely expected to win, but official results not yet announced.
- QAnon adherents may resort to violence under Biden: Reporton 14 June 2021 at 21:38
QAnon adherents may turn to violence as they struggle to face reality of Biden presidency, US intelligence report finds.
- What’s behind the G7’s rival to China’s ‘Belt & Road’ initiative?on 14 June 2021 at 20:59
Leading industrialised nations promote 'democratic' alternative to China's infrastructure project
- New Israeli gov’t approves right-wing march through Jerusalemon 14 June 2021 at 20:55
Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh describes the planned march as 'a provocation of our people'.
- Troubled J&J vaccine manufacturer Emergent promises to fix planton 14 June 2021 at 20:31
J&J is now providing 24/7 oversight at the US facility, and third-party consultants have also been brought in to help.
- Turkey’s Erdogan says held ‘fruitful, sincere’ talks with Bidenon 14 June 2021 at 20:17
After meeting US president, the Turkish leader says no Turkey-US issue cannot be resolved, despite months of animosity.
- Nearing 600,000 COVID deaths, US continues vaccination pushon 14 June 2021 at 19:49
US President Joe Biden set a goal to administer at least one vaccine shot to 70 percent of Americans by July 4.
- Egypt upholds death penalty for 12 Muslim Brotherhood memberson 14 June 2021 at 19:38
Court decision marks end of a trial linked to a mass killing by security forces at a sit-in in Cairo in 2013.
- England delays easing COVID-19 lockdown as cases riseon 14 June 2021 at 19:10
Johnson says 'sensible to wait just a little longer' as Delta variant fuels a new wave of infections.
- Belarus opposition says jailed journalist is a ‘hostage’on 14 June 2021 at 19:09
Opposition says Roman Protasevich was paraded as a 'trophy' in news conference appearance.
- Remote work unwind: Goldman spearheads Wall St return to officeon 14 June 2021 at 17:52
Starting Monday, Goldman Sachs is requiring nearly all of its employees in New York to report to their desks.
- New Israeli government an ‘opportunity’ for Bidenon 14 June 2021 at 17:52
Easier US nuclear diplomacy with Iran, economic accords with Arab states and a White House visit for Bennett seen ahead.
- Canada: Man faces terrorism charges in attack on Muslim familyon 14 June 2021 at 17:18
Police accuse Nathaniel Veltman of running down a Muslim family in London, Ontario 'because of their Islamic faith'.
- ICC prosecutor seeks to probe Philippines drug war killingson 14 June 2021 at 17:16
Fatou Bensouda says preliminary examination found there is a basis to believe a 'crime against humanity' was committed.
- As Bitcoin tops $40,000 again, analysts eye $50,000on 14 June 2021 at 16:54
Bitcoin got a boost on Monday after veteran hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones re-endorsed it in a TV interview.
- China nuclear reactor: French partner calls meeting over leakon 14 June 2021 at 16:52
EDF said it called meeting after learning of build-up of noble gases in one of Taishan nuclear power plant reactors.
- Delta variant doubles risk of COVID hospital admission: Studyon 14 June 2021 at 16:20
New study finds evidence that protection from vaccines may be lower against the Delta variant than the Alpha variant.
- In Pictures: Across US West, drought arriving dangerously earlyon 14 June 2021 at 15:15
The second-largest reservoir in California is at less than half of its average capacity at this time of year.
- NATO says China presents ‘systemic’ challengeson 14 June 2021 at 15:15
Beijing's behaviour is challenging the 'rules-based international order', transatlantic security alliance says.
- Americans who helped Ghosn escape Japan plead guiltyon 14 June 2021 at 14:49
US Army veteran and his son pleaded guilty in Tokyo to charges that they illegally helped Ghosn escape Japan.
- Zambia’s former President Kenneth Kaunda admitted to hospitalon 14 June 2021 at 14:35
Kaunda, 97, asks for prayers as he receives treatment for an undisclosed illness at a military hospital in Lusaka.
- The view from Russia: What to expect from the Putin-Biden summiton 14 June 2021 at 14:15
Wednesday's highly anticipated meeting in Geneva comes as ties between Washington and Moscow are at post-Cold-War lows.