CNN.com - RSS Channel - Regions - Europe CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
- Injured by war, the scars on Ukraine's wounded children are more than skin deepon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Fourteen-year-old Serhii Sorokopud is still haunted by what happened when Russian tanks rolled into his village five months ago. He lifts his T-shirt to show the deep scars across his back -- a reminder of a trauma both hidden and visible.
- Ukrainian nuclear plant facing 'grave hour,' UN watchdog sayson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
The "alarming" situation at a Russian-occupied nuclear power plant in southeastern Ukraine had reached a "grave hour," the head of the United Nations' nuclear watchdog said Thursday, as he called for an immediate inspection of the facility by international experts.
- Explosions rock area of Russian airbase in Crimea killing at least oneon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
One person has died and multiple others were injured in a series of large explosions that rocked the area of a Russian military airbase in the annexed Ukrainian peninsula of Crimea on Tuesday, local authorities have said.
- Ukraine Fast Factson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Read CNN's Fast Facts about Ukraine and learn more about the second-largest European country in area after Russia.
- Russia dangles freedom to prisoners if they fight in Ukraine. Many are taking the deadly gamble.on 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Promises of freedom and riches are made to convicts in cramped jail cells. Frantic phone calls ensue between relatives and inmates weighing the offer. Then prisoners vanish, leaving their loved ones to sift through reports of the wounded arriving in hospitals.
- August 9, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
A buyer in Lebanon has rejected the cargo of the first grain ship to leave Ukraine since the early days of the war due to delayed delivery, according to Ukrainian officials. Follow live updates here.
- Around 1 million children in London offered polio boosters after virus is detected in sewageon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Children living in London will be offered an extra dose of the polio vaccine following the discovery of poliovirus in sewage in the British capital, health authorities announced Wednesday.
- France calls on companies to relieve employees enlisted as firefighters to battle blazeson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Thousands of hectares have been destroyed as a new fire continued to rage in the Gironde area of southwestern France on Wednesday, barely two weeks after two major blazes destroyed more than 20,000 hectares of forests in the same region, according to official data.
- August 10, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said annexed Crimea must be freed to end the war with Russia after explosions rocked the area of a Russian military airbase in the peninsula, killing one. Follow live updates here.
- Beluga whale rescued from Seine River dies in transit, authorities sayon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
A beluga whale that was rescued after being stuck in France's Seine River for more than a week died while in transit to the sea, officials have confirmed.
- Seven Russian warplanes were destroyed in huge blasts at Crimean air base, new satellite images showon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
At least seven Russian warplanes were destroyed after explosions rocked annexed Crimea on Tuesday, new satellite images show, in what CNN research found could be Moscow's biggest loss of military aircraft in a single day since World War II.
- Enrico Letta Fast Factson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Check out CNN's Enrico Letta Fast Facts for a look at the life of the former Italian prime minister.
- Dozens injured in Legoland roller coaster crash in Germanyon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
A roller coaster crash at a Legoland theme park in southern Germany injured 31 people on Thursday, according to local authorities.
- Europe reels as repeated heatwaves cause chaoson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
Western Europe was battling Thursday to deal with the fallout from extreme heat and drought, with wildfires causing evacuations in France and Italian farmers losing up to 80% of their harvest due to severe drought.
- August 11, 2022 Russia-Ukraine newson 12 August 2022 at 10:41
At least seven Russian warplanes were destroyed in explosions in annexed Crimea, satellite images show, in what CNN research found could be Moscow's biggest loss of military aircraft in a single day since World War II. Follow live news updates here.
- Canadaon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
- Russia's war in Ukraineon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
The situation at the Russian-occupied Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant in Ukraine has reached a "grave hour," the head of the UN nuclear watchdog said, as he called for an immediate inspection of the facility by experts. Follow live news updates here.
- Post Titleon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
- Post Titleon 12 August 2022 at 10:41
- Mexicoon 12 August 2022 at 10:41