- Pay-TV market to break billion subs barrier by 2027by Editor on 26 September 2022 at 02:57
A study by Digital TV Research across 138 countries has found that driven by growth in developing countries, the number of global pay-TV subscribers will rise only slightly over the next five years, reaching 1.03 billion by 2027.
- Gen Z demands brands deliver more interactive live video experiencesby Editor on 26 September 2022 at 02:51
More than half of a survey of Generation Z video users agreed they would be more likely to engage with a company or brand that uses interactive live content and experiences to connect with audiences, but spotty internet and video quality are the top challenges for these experiences, according to a […]
- Thema to distribute SPI channels across Asia-Pacby Editor on 26 September 2022 at 02:44
In its latest major distribution deal, CANAL+-owned streaming services, TV and FAST channel provider SPI International has begun a strategic alliance with independent distributor Thema to take its channels across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Sky brings Glass to MCG in South Africaby Editor on 26 September 2022 at 02:42
MultiChoice Group (MCG), South Africa’s leading entertainment and services platform, is to become second global syndication partner for European pay-TV giant Sky’s Glass offering.
- UK home entertainment set for category growth of £5.5BN by 2025by Editor on 26 September 2022 at 02:35
A report from the British Association for Screen Entertainment (BASE) and DEGI: The Digital Entertainment Group International has revealed what is said to be consumer “excitement” for the co-evolution of multiple home entertainment formats and channels with hybrid models driving growth as […]
- IMAX acquires streaming technology company SSIMWAVEby Editor on 23 September 2022 at 07:31
Looking to use what it calls “breakthrough” AI-driven software and IP to expand IMAX image enhancement capabilities and drive new revenue across all video platforms, IMAX Corporation has acquired AI-driven video quality solutions provider SSIMWAVE.
- New chief for ITV’s media for equity fundby Editor on 23 September 2022 at 07:28
Following the departure of Niko Waesche, who set up and ran the fund in its first two years, ITV has appointed Sheena Amin as its new director of ITV AdVentures Invest.
- Dataxis: Amazon Prime Video Southeast Asia revamp set for successby Editor on 23 September 2022 at 07:18
Set to launch brand new streaming products in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines, Amazon Prime Video has unveiled ambitious plans to conquer the highly coveted SE Asia region and is to set aside fiercely increasing competition and previous disappointment says a Dataxis research note.
- ICS teams with Zucker, Proft forNordic noir spoofby Editor on 23 September 2022 at 07:06
Recently formed Tampere-based creative hub Ilkkas' Creative Studio (ICS) has signed up for its first venture: a Nordic Noir comedy spoof series, NoPoFo, with Hollywood comedy legends David Zucker and Pat Proft.
- Big Media, wedotv form FAST channels J/Vby Editor on 23 September 2022 at 07:01
Video Solutions, owner and operator of AVOD platform wedotv and FAST channel wedo movies, has entered into a joint venture with non-fiction production studio Big Media to create, market and distribute free ad-supported television (FAST) channels globally.
- Quarter of US homes believe films should be available freeby Editor on 22 September 2022 at 05:57
In what is an alarming finding indicating a growing number of video consumers green lighting illegal activity, Parks Associates data has revealed 23% of US internet households agree that pirating content is acceptable, up from 14% in 2019.
- Virtual the real deal as TGI Sport acquires Brand Brigadeby Editor on 22 September 2022 at 05:52
Further expanding its repertoire of ad tech capabilities, TGI Sport (TGI) has agreed to acquire Brand Brigade, the advertising technology company specialising in virtual advertising and product placement.
- Optimism in ad-supported advanced TV outshines economic uncertaintyby Editor on 22 September 2022 at 05:45
The latest marketer survey from AudienceXpress, FreeWheel’s premium video media sales house and CoLab Media Consulting, has revealed that despite the cost of living crisis, 88% of UK respondents also intend to spend more on ad-supported video-on-demand and streaming platforms.
- 110% Content, Fremantle form Unbreakable partnershipby Editor on 22 September 2022 at 05:39
Just before the programme is showcased at at MIPCOM as part of its global entertainment slate, producer/distributor Fremantle has announced a partnership with 110% Content to produce competitive reality format Unbreakable.
- Netgem TV provides TV boost to Air Broadband full-fibre offerby Editor on 22 September 2022 at 05:34
Looking to gain an edge in a cut-throat fixed broadband arena, UK full-fibre internet service provider Air Broadband has entered into a partnership with Netgem TV to enhance its home entertainment network through TV channels, sports and blockbuster films.
- Walmart Connect adds Roku, TikTok, Snap to partner programmeby Editor on 21 September 2022 at 09:14
Looking to strengthen what it says is its position as a leading ad platform for sellers and suppliers, retail giant Walmart’s advertising platform, Walmart Connect, has announced partnerships with major video streaming and social video services.
- SES, Mola team to address Asia-Pac OTT demandby Editor on 21 September 2022 at 08:49
Aiming to expand its over-the-top (OTT) content offerings to audiences across the region, Indonesian entertainment network operator Mola is to engage the SES 360 Unified Media Platform to bolster content services across its domestic market and the wider Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
- Boom predicted for 5G fixed wireless accessby Editor on 21 September 2022 at 08:13
Long regarded as an alternative to high-speed fixed broadband in places where cable and fibre networks are difficult and expensive to deploy, 5G fixed wireless access (FWA) is now projected for a global boom says a study from Juniper Research.
- QVC+, HSN+ streaming comes to Samsung Smart TVsby Editor on 21 September 2022 at 07:48
Just weeks after its parent Qurate Retail Group launched a web version of the interactive streaming shopping services, multi-platform video commerce (vCommerce) leaders QVC and HSN have landed on Samsung Smart TVs.
- Amagi sees the time is NOW to accelerate revenue realisationby Editor on 21 September 2022 at 06:22
Looking to deliver automated channel management and monetisation and helps media companies increase operational efficiencies and optimise content performance, cloud-based broadcast technology provider Amagi has launched its NOW solution.