- Developed markets to take AVOD revs to $69BN by 2029by Editor on 21 September 2023 at 08:47
A study from at Digital TV Research is predicting advertising video-on-demand (AVOD) revenues for TV series and movies will reach $69 billion by 2029, up by $30 billion from $39 billion in 2023.
- Channel 5, Sky pad up to bring cricket World Cup to free-to-air TVby Editor on 21 September 2023 at 08:21
UK broadcaster Channel 5 has announced a new partnership with pay-TV firm Sky to bring daily highlights of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 to free-to-air TV for fans across the country.
- Paramount+ comes to Swisscomby Editor on 21 September 2023 at 07:58
In a move that the parties say will bring first-class entertainment to Switzerland, local telco Swisscom has inked a deal to join forces with Paramount+ to offer what it calls unrestricted streaming access to exclusive series, originals and the latest blockbusters.
- US household spending on streaming subs decline 25% since 2021by Editor on 21 September 2023 at 07:43
Assessing the effects of what they say are seismic shifts occurring in the media and entertainment landscape, Parks Associates and Adeia research shows that US internet household spending on streaming subscription services has declined 25% to $73 per month versus $90 in 2021.
- VOD to the fore as Barb broadens reach of measurement APIby Editor on 21 September 2023 at 07:28
Barb, a leading provider of TV measurement in the UK, has upgraded its API to include all data available in its panel viewing file, including non-linear viewing on broadcaster video-on-demand (BVOD), subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) and video-sharing services.
- Paramount+ to launch in Japanby Editor on 20 September 2023 at 07:37
Following what the media company says is the success of its streaming service’s 2022 arrival in Korea, Paramount has announced the upcoming launch of its premium streaming service Paramount+ in Japan in partnership with J:COM and WOWOW Inc.
- Live streaming still a consumer favourite despite dropouts, lagby Editor on 20 September 2023 at 07:17
Despite many consumers becoming increasingly frustrated by dropouts and buffering interfering with their viewing experience, live streaming is continuing to rise in popularity says research from streaming video infrastructure provider Bitmovin.
- LG launches version 3.0 of streaming serviceby Editor on 20 September 2023 at 07:00
Anticipating worldwide viewership of its exclusive, free streaming service is set to grow further, LG Electronics (LG) is introducing an enhancement to LG Channels, featuring a new UI with what is said to be improved navigation and more engaging placements for content discovery.
- Ad loads decline 40% since 2016by Editor on 20 September 2023 at 06:34
Ad tech platform provider Freewheel has released research showing a premium video marketplace where companies are redefining ad loads and a marked decrease in the number of ads included within breaks over the last seven years.
- wedotv intros FAST Channels on Joynby Editor on 20 September 2023 at 06:12
In keeping with its current expansion of services in the DACH region, ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) and FAST Channel provider wedotv now also distributing its free streaming services wedo movies, wedo sports and wedo big stories on German streaming platform Joyn.
- Yale commissions Little Dot for Wild World Of Extreme Weatherby Editor on 19 September 2023 at 08:54
Digital content studio and media network Little Dot Studios is to work with Yale Climate Connections (YCC), to produce a 12-part YouTube series, on the Wild World of Extreme Weather, which connects the dots on the issues around climate change.
- Fremantle, RTL heat up Jamie Oliver offering in Germanyby Editor on 19 September 2023 at 08:31
In what it calls a landmark output deal, global producer Fremantle has announced a multi-year agreement with RTL Deutschland for Jamie Oliver programming and lifestyle content, becoming the exclusive home of the chef’ entire portfolio of shows in Germany.
- Hybrid AVOD-SVOD revs to hit $20BN by 2029by Editor on 19 September 2023 at 08:11
With the advertising video-on-demand (AVOD) sector growing apace, and now complementing a subscription VOD sector, the hybrid AVOD-SVOD sector is set for a boom over the next six years says Digital TV Research.
- Netflix, SK Telecom end Korea net neutrality rowby Editor on 19 September 2023 at 07:49
Bringing to a mutually beneficial conclusion a row that threatened to spill over into global streaming and broadband markets, Netflix, SK Telecom and SK Broadband have signed a strategic partnership to enhance customer convenience.
- yes Studios throws Lifeline to MIPCOM buyersby Editor on 19 September 2023 at 07:12
Boutique content sales, distribution, development and co-production company yes Studios has announced that it is to use the forthcoming MIPCOM to introduce Lifeline, its second major factual title in 2023.
- RTÉ commissions Green Inc to produce new comedy series by Editor on 18 September 2023 at 08:54
Belfast-based independent production company Green Inc has been commissioned by Irish public broadcaster, RTÉ to produce a new comedy series The 2 Johnnies Late Night Lock In for RTÉ2 and RTÉ Player.
- UK PSBs aim to evolve free TV for the streaming ageby Editor on 18 September 2023 at 08:45
As part of what they say is an evolution that puts the distribution of free TV at the centre of the streaming age, the UK’s largest broadcasters are coming to develop a new free TV service that will deliver live TV over broadband.
- wedotv goes FAST in Italy through Eutelsat’s Hotbirdby Editor on 18 September 2023 at 08:15
Looking to extend its reach across a key country, wedotv is expanding its distribution strategy to include satellite platforms with the launch of a new FAST channel platform for audiences in Italy.
- ITV Studios inks first global pre-sales for Vigil second seasonby Editor on 18 September 2023 at 08:00
Following a successful first run, ITV Studios has now secured a host of pre-sales across the globe for the second season of the Emmy-winning series including deals to stream on NBCUniversal’s Peacock in the US and broadcast in Canada with Bell Media and TVA.
- iWedia, Synaptics team for Edge AI measurementby Editor on 18 September 2023 at 07:24
DTV technology solutions provider iWedia has entered into a partnership with NPU-enabled video SoC firm Synaptics to unveil what the companies describe as a breakthrough in the field of edge AI to measure user engagement with television content and advertisements.