- Viu Original titles expand across Asiaby Editor on 20 May 2022 at 07:56
As its titles such as Pretty Little Liars Season 2 gain more success, PCCW’s leading pan-regional OTT video streaming service Viu has announced cross-screen distribution deal for another original, Assalamualaikum Calon Imam (My Future Husband).
- Streaming climbs to new heights in April 2022by Joseph O'Halloran on 20 May 2022 at 07:37
Despite a dip in total TV viewing, April 2022 marked yet another milestone for streaming with audiences spending more than 30% of their total TV time watching over-the-top video content said the latest Gauge study from Nielsen.
- Asia Pacific to see 800MN pay-TV subs by 2025by Editor on 20 May 2022 at 06:54
Even though the region is traditionally referred to as a mobile-driven market, the pandemic has accelerated the importance taken by larger screens in Asia Pacific, and 110 million additional pay-TV subscriptions are expected to be observed in the next five years says a study from Dataxis.
- TV delivers highest, consistent levels of ad attentionby Joseph O'Halloran on 20 May 2022 at 06:41
Research by addressable TV provider Finecast and Amplified Intelligence into the role of attention across TV has revealed that the platform on which an ad is served directly impacts the active attention viewers commit to it with over-the-top services prompting greater attention than linear.
- Leading US pay-TV providers lose almost 2MN subs in Q1 2022by Joseph O'Halloran on 20 May 2022 at 06:40
In its last analysis of the largest pay-TV providers in the US, Leichtman Research Group found that the seemingly endless tale of increasing losses may have hit a peak at the end of 2021 and for the first quarter of this year losses were the same as a year ago.
- Pluto TV begins life in Nordics boasting Paramount, Viafree contentby Editor on 19 May 2022 at 07:36
As part of what the Paramount advertising video-on-demand (AVOD) service says is a transformational partnership, Pluto TV has begun operation in the Nordics region, launching in Sweden, Denmark and Norway with a line-up featuring more than 70 unique and locally curated channels in each country.
- Global streaming shows double digit growth in Q1 22by Editor on 19 May 2022 at 07:10
The streaming industry has begun 2022 with robust growth in overall consumption on smart TVs showing a particular increase as streaming moves to overtake linear on the big screen says the latest Conviva State of Streaming report for Q1 2022 .
- US sports fans keep faith in programming via linear TVby Joseph O'Halloran on 19 May 2022 at 06:16
Despite the relentless rise of streaming in the country, it would appear that not all TV viewers are cutting the cord or migrating 100% to online platforms, indeed, says research from Caravan, US sports fans for one are overwhelmingly watching live sports programming via linear TV.
- 3SS, ContentWise team to power AI for personalised UXby Joseph O'Halloran on 19 May 2022 at 06:11
Set-top box (STB) and multiscreen entertainment software solutions provider 3ScreensSolutions (3SS) has announced a partnership with user experience (UX) personalisation and audience analytics technologies firm ContentWise in a bid to transform UX possibilities.
- Rise reveals global 2022 pairings for mentoring schemesby Joseph O'Halloran on 19 May 2022 at 06:05
With partners spanning the UK, APAC, North America, North and Central Europe, Rise, the advocacy group for gender diversity in the broadcast media technology sector, has revealed the 2022 annual pairing up of ts mentees and mentors.
- Roku inks exclusive FAST, AVOD agreement for The Dealby Editor on 18 May 2022 at 07:37
Los Angeles-based production, distribution, and post-production company Electric Entertainment has revealed that its latest film, The Deal, will launch exclusively on The Roku Channel in the US, Canada, the UK and Latin America after the streamer acquired AVOD and FAST rights.
- DAZN unveils global deals for women’s Champions League finalby Joseph O'Halloran on 18 May 2022 at 07:18
In line with its commitment to grow the igame, sports entertainment company DAZN has announced agreements to sub-license screening rights to the 2022 UEFA Women’s Champions League football final between Barcelona and Olympique Lyonnais.
- Telemundo inks co-production deal with Inter Medyaby Editor on 18 May 2022 at 02:24
In what the leading Spanish-language broadcast firm says is a landmark arrangement that further capitalises on the success of Turkish formats for Spanish-speaking audiences in the US, Telemundo has inked an exclusive multi-year co-production deal with Turkish production and distribution company […]
- LucidLink raises $20MN to boost creative collaborationby Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 09:00
After what it says is a period of strong growth and enterprise adoption for its SaaS solution that connects creative teams around the world, LucidLink has revealed that it has now raised $20 million from investors in a Series B funding round.
- Netgem TV expands TikTok reachby Editor on 17 May 2022 at 07:33
Following a successful launch in the UK earlier in May 2022, TikTok is now arriving on the Netgem TV digital entertainment platform in France available through users with the company’s set-top boxes.
- Customer retention remains biggest challenge for streamersby Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 07:03
As the industry still reels from the shockwaves of Netflix’s drop in addition in its last financial quarter, a study from Hub Entertainment Research is warning that the levelling of the SVOD leader’s growth is more an indication of the health of streaming than any decline.
- Molotov launches 7 FAST channelsby Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 07:00
As part of the platform's strategy to grow its audience and advertising revenues with its AVOD model, leading French over-the-top provider Molotov has announced a move into free ad-supported streaming TV.
- Media Production & Technology Show returns with record visitorsby Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 06:55
After a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic, The Media Production & Technology Show (MPTS) has delivered what is being described as a remarkable 2022 edition with the largest ever number of feet through the doors in the show’s history.
- GoQuest licenses drama package to Disney+ Hotstarby Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 01:46
Beefing up the growing Asian SVOD service’s bouquet, leading independent global distributor of South Asian content, GoQuest Media, has licensed a drama package deal to Disney+ Hotstar.
- EST, VOD drive US home entertainment spending to $8.7BN in Q122by Joseph O'Halloran on 17 May 2022 at 01:33
Even as they sought out-of-home experiences after almost two years of limited activity in response to Covid-19, US consumers still spent increasing sums on home entertainment, 11% more in the first quarter of this year than in Q1 2021 says the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG).