Shanghai Daily: Nation Shanghai Daily Nation
- See global sites at this digital museumon 13 June 2021 at 16:00
Meeting the characters from fresco paintings, flying over the city of ancient Beijing in a cabin, looking up at the “starry night” as Vincent van Gogh did... These ideas are likely to be realized at a
- Chemical leak kills 8 in Guiyangon 13 June 2021 at 16:00
EIGHT people died and three others were injured in a chemical leak in Guiyang, capital of southwest China’s Guizhou Province, local authorities said on Saturday. Police in Guiyang received a report at
- Tusker herd lingers in Yunnan cityon 13 June 2021 at 16:00
The wandering herd of wild Asian elephants that has caught global attention is lingering in Shijie Township in Yuxi City of southwestern Yunnan Province, authorities said on Saturday. A male elephant,
- Expat creates arts collective in Beijingon 13 June 2021 at 16:00
“The first step is for them to take their knees off us. Because we are kneeling to stand” — as Alexandra Smith finished reciting the concluding lines of her poem, the silence in the room erupted into
- Exploring asteroids, Jovian system among space planson 13 June 2021 at 16:00
China is making plans for the future development of its space program, including exploring asteroids and the Jovian system, collecting samples from Mars and exploring the polar region of the moon, said
- 12 dead, 138 injured in gas blast in Hubeion 13 June 2021 at 16:00
AT least 12 people were killed and 138 others injured when a gas line exploded in a residential compound in central China’s Hubei Province yesterday, local officials said. Rescue workers are uncertain
- China: Small group deciding fate of the world long goneon 13 June 2021 at 16:00
China yesterday pointedly cautioned Group of Seven leaders that the days when “small” groups of countries decided the fate of the world was long gone, hitting back at the richest countries as they sought
- People violating virus measures heldby Wang Qingchu on 10 June 2021 at 16:12
Several people in south China’s Guangdong Province have been detained or punished for violating pandemic-control rules and spreading online rumors, authorities said.
- Zookeeper deems pandas akin to family memberson 10 June 2021 at 16:12
As the clock indicates lunchtime, Ma Tao, a panda keeper at the Beijing Zoo, prepares lunch for giant panda “Meng Er” — bamboo shoot, carrots and steamed cornbread are among the servings.
- HK luxury goods smuggling gang in boat bustedon 10 June 2021 at 16:12
Hong Kong customs announced their biggest ever bust of a speedboat gang smuggling luxury goods into the mainland yesterday, unveiling a haul that included watches, handbags and shoes, endangered animal
- Big jump in number of blood donationson 10 June 2021 at 16:12
China witnessed a total of 15.53 million blood donations last year, despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the China’s National Health Commission said yesterday.
- ‘Durian of soup’ in culture liston 10 June 2021 at 16:12
A TOTAL of 185 new cultural practices and expressions, including the preparation of Luosifen, have been included on the list of national intangible cultural heritage released by the State Council. The
- Over 200K foreigners vaccinatedon 10 June 2021 at 16:12
MORE than 200,000 foreigners in China have been vaccinated against COVID-19, a foreign ministry spokesperson said yesterday. Spokesperson Wang Wenbin made the remarks at a press briefing in response
- Over 1,100 held for crypto tradeon 10 June 2021 at 16:12
POLICE in China arrested over 1,100 people suspected of using cryptocurrencies to launder illegal proceeds from telephone and Internet scams in a recent crackdown, the Ministry of Public Security said. The
- China approves new law to counter foreign sanctionson 10 June 2021 at 16:12
CHINA passed a law yesterday to counter foreign sanctions, giving legal basis for the country to counter discriminatory measures from a foreign country. China’s top legislature, the National People’s
- Yunnan drug buston 9 June 2021 at 16:00
Police in southwest China’s Yunnan Province busted a drug-trafficking case, nabbing three suspects and seizing 106 kilograms of drugs.
- Inspector indictedon 9 June 2021 at 16:00
Dong Hong, a former senior disciplinary inspector, has been indicted for accepting bribes, China’s Supreme People’s Procuratorate said yesterday.
- Deep Sea online soonon 9 June 2021 at 16:00
Deep Sea No. 1, a 100,000-ton deep-water semi-submersible oil production and storage facility, will start production in late June, the China National Offshore Oil Corporation said on Tuesday.
- Cheating studenton 9 June 2021 at 16:00
A student has been disqualified from the annual college entrance examination for cheating on the math section after he was found hiding his mobile phone in his jacket.
- Top award for foreign car expert at age of 61on 9 June 2021 at 16:00
In his 18th year of working and living in China, Michael Steenbock, as a 61-year-old automotive engineer of Volkswagen Anhui, in April received the highest award that east China’s Anhui Province confers